Paul W. Schumacher focuses his practice on workers’ compensation, occupational disease, and related civil litigation matters, such as third party defense and subrogation. Prior to joining Evans & Dixon, Paul began his career working for Roddy Law, Ltd. in January of 1981 while attending law school. From a clerk, to an associate to a partner, and now shareholder, Paul continues to represent clients throughout the State of Illinois.
Paul has served on the Board of Directors of the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, as well as, serving as its President in the year 2000. He was raised in Chicago and currently resides with his family in Elmhurst, Illinois. Paul’s outside interests are collecting Coca-Cola related objects, as well as, the military.
Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association
Illinois Bar Association
• “Arising Out Of / Greater Risk” – Chicago Bar Association
• “Mock Trial & Investigating an Accident” – Affinity & Captive Resources / Schaumburg, IL
• “General Liability: A Legal Perspective.” – Captive Resources / San Diego, CA
• “Claim Preparation & Handling” – Aurora, IL
• CEU institute Accredited Instructor
• “Finding Out What Really Happened – Accident Investigation” – Schaumburg, IL
• “Changes in the Workers’ Compensation Act” – Schaumburg, IL
• “Amendments to the Act” – DeKalb, IL
• “Case Law Update & Effects of Amendments to Act” – Eden Prairie, MN
The John Marshall Law School, J.D.
University of Illinois, B.A.
United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois