Achieving the maximum returns on outstanding debts while minimizing potential risks requires persuasive skill, tenacity and a clear understanding of debt-related regulatory requirements. Our debt collection lawyers have deep experience collecting pre- and post-charge-off accounts, and our experienced in-house collection staff draws on the most advanced software technology in the industry.
Evans & Dixon represents clients in a wide spectrum of collection cases, including commercial, retail, landlord-tenant and general collection accounts. We handle all forms of landlord rights and provide in-house skip tracing services. Our collection attorneys are licensed in Missouri, Illinois and Kansas, and are actively involved with numerous industry organizations, including the following:
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys (NARCA)
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP)
- Missouri Creditors Bar Association
- National Law List
- Debt Buyers Association (DBA)
- The Association of Credit and Collection Professionals (ACA)
Our experience also includes, but is not limited to, defense of allegations involving:
- Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Malicious Abuse of Process/Malicious Prosecution
- Missouri Merchandising Practices Act (MMPA)
Our firm defends debt buyers, collection agencies, and law firms throughout the Midwest, as well as in federal court. In addition, our firm has handled collection defense issues in the Missouri Court of Appeals-Eastern District, Missouri Court of Appeals-Western District, Missouri Court of Appeals-Southern District, as well as the Missouri Supreme Court.
To speak with a Collections attorney, please call (314) 436-6757 or toll-free (855) 436-6757.