The U.S. healthcare industry has recently seen unprecedented challenges and changes with the COVID-19 pandemic, and our healthcare law group is here to help clients successfully navigate the course of the new healthcare landscape. In the midst of the rapid, transition, the list of issues and obstacles being confronted can appear imposing and ever-changing. From the response to COVID-19 in medical offices and hospitals, to the embedding of telemedicine delivery and regulatory issues, to traditional corporate transactions and business activities such as mergers, acquisitions, labor negotiations and intellectual property development, every move in the healthcare environment must be undertaken with a full understanding of the legal, governmental and commercial realities that are unique to this industry.
The health care practice group at Evans & Dixon provides full-spectrum counsel to all major participants in the health care industry, including representation of health systems, nursing homes, physicians, physician groups, for-profit and tax-exempt hospitals and pharmacies, as well as their insurance companies, medical device manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, pharmacy, and third-party providers of healthcare-related technology and other services. We provide comprehensive counsel in the following areas of healthcare law:
• Litigation – professional negligence, employment, civil rights, contracts, etc.
• Transactions – mergers, acquisitions, intellectual property, contracting, etc.
• Employment – labor relations, discrimination, whistle blower, worker’s compensation, etc.
• Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance
• Electronic health records (EHR), protected health information (PHI) and data privacy
• Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act requirements
• Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act compliance
• False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law compliance
• Medical staff privileges
• Federal and state licensing, Credentialing – institutional, third-party payors, etc.
• Office issues such as patient billing, information systems, insurance matters and contracts
• Medicare/Medicaid - including surveys, Plans of Correction (POC), Licensing, Civil Money Penalties (CMP), & compliance
• Fraud & Abuse
Our healthcare litigators have extensive experience representing clients in a broad range of disputes heard at every level of federal and state courts across the Midwest and before state boards, peer review groups and arbitration panels, and in administrative proceedings. We provide effective representation, including the following areas:
• Malpractice and professional liability lawsuits involving wrongful death, negligence, chiropractic negligence and allegations of misdiagnosis
• Contract, regulatory, insurance, reimbursement and; administrative disputes
• Reimbursement audits, and appeals
• Disciplinary matters including representation before professional licensing boards
• Assistance with State and Federal investigations
We also work closely with lawyers in each of the firm’s major practice areas to provide coordinated counsel for healthcare industry clients, in the following areas:
• Corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
• Environmental compliance
• Intellectual property development, protection and licensing
• Labor and employment, including physician employment & contracting
• Real estate acquisitions, construction and project development
Attorney Contact: Brian Niceswanger | 913-701-6810